Sunday, December 26, 2010

Can i Commet

I'll be seventeen in six days, and I'm addicted to facebook. The other day i was talking to my friend Lori, she decided to go a week with out facebook, at that moment i started to think a life with out facebook? could that really be? I thought about all the drama i would not have to be apart of. How much work I could actually be getting done. Then it hit me, My life would be stress free. I'M DELETING MY FACEBOOK!

The next day I told Lori, starting January First I'm saying good-bye to "my world". She told me I was crazy and i should just deactivate it first. I said I'm either gong all in or going all out!

Six days I have left with my addiction. You may ask why six days? well truth is i need time to part with facebook. It may seem dumb to people, but facebook is a drug. Its my home page on my laptop, I wake up I log in, I get it sent to my phone, and some nights i fall asleep with it on. As soon as i realized how much my life is surrounded by a social network, I knew i had to get away before it was to late and I end up never completing my real life dreams.

The real question is can I do this? Can i really say goodbye? Can life go on? What is their to do?
Then I get these voices( I am not crazy, I promise!) You can't do it. You need Facebook.
But the truth is I want to say goodbye. I want to do the unthinkable. oh and you better know ill do it!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it CARA! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE BLOWING MY MIND WITH YOUR DEPTH AND WILL POWER! GO YOU. I think you could start a mass exodus.

    It is my drug too, Cara. I'm praying about how to handle it...

    ReplyDelete